This section is taken from our new Model Rules.
This is what TRBUG does and hopes to achieve.
The objects of the association are —
- Promote cycling for health, recreation, social interaction and transport purposes
- Develop a strong, active, inclusive, organisation by increasing both male and female membership
- Educate, train, encourage and mentor new and existing riders
- Advocate for the improvement of local, state and national cycling policy, infrastructure and facilities
- Develop policy for consideration by all levels of government and cycle advocacy groups
- Encourage formation of workplace BUGs within the region
- Work with Cycling Queensland - Cycling Australia to encourage Qld BUGs to join CQ
- Network with other cycling organisations within the region to encourage a coordinated local voice to all levels of government